The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for a project from the initial brief and client specifications, through the design and submittals stage, to the material list development, to the testing of one or more prototypes, through to installation and implementation and support field applications.
Projects can vary significantly, from researching and developing products to improving production processes. Engineers provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to fully assembled units.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing safe, high performance, cost-effective project solutions that meet business objectives and client specifications.
- Developing a design specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Creating submittal packages for client project design review and approval
- Designing projects using strong engineering principles and techniques
- Managing projects using strong organization systems and communication skills
- Planning and designing project processes including installation guides and other field application information
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
- Responding to and solving installation feedback or issues
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
- Interpret blueprints and work instructions to determine materials, measurements and tolerances, assembly sequence, and component requirements.
- Work with supervisor regarding all engineering requirements.
- Maintain and update CAD/BIM (Inventor, AutoCAD, etc) drawings.
- Take an active part in the testing of existing product, development of testing procedures, and maintaining test results.
- Assist in assembling new products for Testing Lab.
- Engage in discussions with other members of the staff on potential new product offerings, offering your views from your perspective, and defining product design goals.
- Develop and test new ideas to improve existing and new product performance.
- Directly support, via technical assistance, sales, finance, production and outside engineers/architects and manufacturer representatives regarding AIRTHO’s projects.
- Providing necessary Operator Manual and all other documentation to support project designs.
- Ability to use 2D and 3D drawing tools to design and improve product offerings (Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Autocad, Dassault Solidworks)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc)
- Ability to interpret and understand mechanical drawings
- Basic mathematic skill to calculate measurement and dimensions
- Psychrometrics, heat transfer, duct design, pipe design, fundamental electrical power and control design, strength of material
- Teamwork; Communicating effectively with others
- Knowledge of how to find information and identify essential information
- General problem solving skills
- Ability to perform routine mechanical maintenance
- Personal time management skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Atkinson NH and travel to client location